The December 2012 issue of Horse&Rider got out and into the mail in time for the Thanksgiving holiday so you may already have had a chance to read it. If not, these are some the highlights that await you:
* Fun ways to celebrate the holiday season with horses in mind.
* A primer on mounted shooting and what might make it be for you.
* Info on how to have your hay analyzed, and why it’s important to know the sugar level.
* A profile on mustang trainer Wylene Wilson, aka ‘Extreme Wylene.’
* Inspiring tales of horsemanship programs for kids who might otherwise never get to be around horses.
* ‘Home school’ work you can do on your own before sending your young horse to a trainer.
* Training and horsemanship advice from Leslie Lange, Clinton Anderson, Bob Avila, Al Dunning, and Pat Parelli.
The cover horse is Paint mare Little Step Up, owned by RMJ Ranch of Larkspur, Colorado.